6.06.2012

Per Your Request

Annie requested that I share mine and Aaron's first kiss story, and that is probably something I want written down so I can remember every detail and then embarrass him later.

*side note:

Aaron was the first boyfriend I'd had in a long time.  I went through a period of not being very confident because I didn't feel confident because of body image issues.  As such, I hadn't kissed in a while, and the whole time I was kissing him I was worried that I was doing it wrong, so it was like a flashback to the very first kiss ever.  Anyway...

We had gone on our first date a couple of days ago and really hit it off.  I enjoyed finally being on a date where conversation didn't seem strained and the silence wasn't awkward.  I judge chemistry by the silences.  If you can have silence without it being weird or feeling the need to fill it, you have a good relationship.

We lived in the same apartment complex but at BYU men's housing even in the same apartment complex is in separate buildings from women's.  And you have to be out of the opposite gender's apartment by midnight (1:00 am on Friday nights).  I think it was close to midnight but he walked me home from his apartment.

We stopped at the doorway (I know, so typical) and he kissed me.

here's the funny part

Aaron's roommates watched him walk me home and guessed what was going to happen.  My roommates saw me standing by the door out by the window and guessed what was going to happen.  

They all watched.

Aaron came back and saw all his roommates sitting on his bed, grinning.  

I walked in the door and saw my roommates run away from the window.  

Stinkers.

I hoped they learned something to improve their own technique.  


**it's also my 296th month birthday today.  Feel free to wish me a happy one since I know my husband won't. 

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

(Kendra again). That was so much fun! I forgot about that one. Sorry we were spying but, seriously, can you blame us? And thank you very much but I had my own technique down pretty good by then. :)

Laura said...

Haha great story. I loved seeing you lovebirds at Wymount:)