6.16.2012

I birthed a fish




Every morning Cade rips off his shorts and underwear and pulls on his swimsuit.  Then he runs to my drawer, pulls out my swimsuit and says, "Mommy!  Wa-Wa.  Wet!"


**thanks Aunt Lizz for the swimming pool.  We love it!





I went to the Parks & Rec office to purchase an individual swim pass, since I can see much of our time being spent in the "big pool".  While there, I ran into one of my old bosses, who I did not have a very high opinion of.  

(I'm always surprised when people remember me.  I see people that I knew in high school, but I always assume they won't remember me, or that they never even noticed.  So when the old "popular" guy starts talking to me at the Hardware store I always have to pick my jaw off the floor slightly.  People who think they're cool intimidate me.  My Sunday School class of freshmen intimidate me.  I know.  I know.)

Anyway, back to the story.  I got to try and talk to her like we were good friends.  Anyone have any advice on how to deal with awkward situations like that?

Oh, and another story.  On my way to the office (after having to turn around because of all the construction 3 times, honestly, when is there ever construction in Overton) I passed this old chair out on the side of the road.  I drove past it, and then thought and thought about it all the way there.  On the way back, I drove very sneakily next to it, folded down the back seat (gotta love the minivan) and stuffed it in.  No cars drove by thank goodness.  Aaron might have disowned me.

But now that I've got it back, and the excitement of finding something for free has left me.  I realize it is COVERED in cat hair.  Like so bad the color looks gray in some places (it's a mustard yellow chair).  It's not dirt, it's hair.  My ordinance on no pets has just been strengthened. 

Aaron offered to help me take it to the dumpster.  Maybe I'll just go put it back.



Don't forget about my giveaway here



No comments: