10.24.2012

Goat Hijacking

**this post is a crazy as the title sounds.  Hopefully I can tell it as well as it happened.

I helped coach a Parks & Rec 4/5th grade girls soccer team this fall.   Today was our team party.  As luck would have it, our star player got hurt playing tag.  No injuries during the entire season, and at our pizza party she's out with a bum knee. 

I had told her mom I would take her home.  As we were driving up to her house she was pointing out the goats to Cade and Jackson. 

I helped her up to her house

**first I had to ask her if her dog would bite me.  Apparently its something he likes to do.  She looked around, saw that he wasn't there, and told me I would probably be okay.  Probably.

and helped her hobble inside.  I turned around and saw

a goat. 


Two goats.


On the roof of my car.


My minivan. 


My first thought was that they had leaped from the ground to the top of the roof.  How in the heck did they get up there?

My second was, "Crap.  I'm kind of afraid of goats.  And there's two on my roof.  And three around my car.  How am I going to get in?"


**I almost went back in to ask her how you get goats off a car.


I could see my kids freaking out through the windshield.  Mama bear instincts kicked in and scary goat or no scary goat I ran as quick as I could to the side with the least amount of goats and hurried inside.

The goats started walking down the windshield.  I thought, "Oh.  That's how they got up.  Makes much more sense that being able to jump 6 feet in the air.  I don't know why I thought that."  I did what any sensible person trying to get goats off their car would do and honked the horn.  That just scared them and they ran back up. 

**I now know what Santa's reindeer sound like when they land on a roof.

The only thing left to do was back out.  Slowly.  I didn't want to hit the other goats around.  The other two ran down the windshield and we were home free.




I wonder if Progressive's comprehensive car insurance covers goat damage?  Hopefully.

5 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

We need to start collecting small town stories

Amber said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! That is hilarious!!!! I'm glad the goats didn't go crazy on you and that you didn't have to kill any! Haha!!

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

We had a goat that like to jump on our car (it's got goat hoof prints all over it now) and one day I could hear something on our roof... Walked out side, and sure enough, all 3 of my goats figure out how to climb on the olive tress and onto our roof... Crazy things

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

Sorry... I should proof read before I post :-P

Ashly and Josh said...

You're right, this was worth reading lol!! Totally made my morning imagining you trying to get goats off of your car! =)