8.03.2009

I smelled like a smoker

Saturday night Aaron and I went up Provo Canyon to go camping--minus the tent and sleeping. We camped until about midnight and then went home to our bed and shower. I honestly think that's the way to go. You get the campfire, hobo dinners, and s'mores without waking up fifty times in the middle of the night and being scared to go to the bathroom even though you really have to, because who knows what could be outside?

--I'm sorry there are no pictures. There are people who never go anywhere without their camera, I am one of those people who never goes anywhere WITH my camera (even my own honeymoon. Yes, it's true. We have one picture taken from my camera on my phone.)

We had gone up to this park before in December, while we were engaged, and loved it. There was NO ONE there (which, now that I think about it, makes sense since it was the winter time).

There was a family reunion this time.

But we were not to be deterred. We found this trail that wound through the trees and made our own little campsite. It was perfect, but the aura of camping was somewhat ruined because we could hear all the cars driving up the canyon.

The bugs decided that our hobo dinners smelled too good to be left alone. I held the flashlight in my teeth so that I could see the bugs that drowned in my ketchup.

I still smell like smoke. It could be my desire to have the fire as big as possible--but we'll say that it's because I'm trying to keep mosquitoes away.

It didn't quite work. I have a HUGE mosquito bite on my cheek, that looks just like a zit, but it's not! I want to wear a sign that informs people of this fact, that way, no one thinks that I'm disgusting enough to sprout a zit the size of a nickel on my face.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Your posts are ALWAYS so entertaining to read:) haha

Kylie C. said...

Oh Rachelle! I wish I got to know you better up in Provo. I love reading your blogs! I hope you are doing well.

Michaela said...

Hahaha! This post was funny. And I totally agree with you about camping until midnight. That's the way to go.

Delcie said...

It's always the worst trips that are the most memorable. So, just think of this experience as making a family memory!
I think you're just going to have to swallow your pride and ride out the zit/bite, thing. I don't think a sign on your face would be any more flattering!

Cody and Jen said...

Rachelle you seriously don't need pictures for your blog. your posts are always so entertaining the reader can imagine their own images. You are so funny girl!!