6.03.2012

I am Mom Enough

I'm sure everyone who is reading this has seen the latest cover of Time Magazine, the one that asks, "Are you Mom Enough?"

I'd never heard of the term "Mommy Wars" until a few days ago, and its really got me thinking.

If someone came up to me on the street and asked me, which gender I thought was more critical of women, I would say, "Other women."

I remembered this talk by Elder Lynn G. Robbins, and he talks about how certain children come to our home to teach US, as parents.  I believe that Heavenly Father assigns certain spirits to be our children.  And if that's true, then I am the only person who can be mom enough to the children that come to my home.  I have something about me that they need, that only I can give. 

So, irregardless of whether my children:

  • watch more than 2 hours of TV a day
  • watch no TV
  • nurse until they're 3,4,5...18
  • exclusively formula fed
  • or half/half
  • are immunized
  • non immunized
  • fed organic, home mashed baby food
  • fed from a jar
  • co sleep
  • sleep in a crib
  • cry themselves to sleep
  • are rocked to sleep

I am Mom enough for that child.   God said so.  He sent that baby to me.  I do the best I can, with what I know, and that is enough.  

1 comment:

Candi said...

I just stumbled across your blog. Great post!!