7.16.2012

Hairspray

My brother-in-law Gary won 4 tickets to Hairspray at Tuacahn on a radio show.  He and Kim invited Aaron and I to tag along.

**the funny thing is, to win the tickets you had to provide the correct word for the definition.  Gary called in 3 times, was put on the air 3 times, and finally guessed the right answer on the third try.

**the seats were amazing.  Middle row, right in the front.  Not bad for free.  Also, it didn't rain (like it was supposed to) and the temperature was fabulous (79). 


My review on the musical?  I liked it.  Tuacahn always does a good job on their musicals and anytime I watch one I always want to get up there and sing and dance too.  Hairspray isn't one of my favorites.  I saw the movie (with John Travolta) and it was okay.  I like the older musicals better, like Sound of Music, Camelot, Les Miserables, and West Side Story.  The newer ones feel too screechy and loud to me if that makes any sense. 

It was nice to get out and Aaron and I were able to talk on the way up and back.  I love talking in the car.  They can't escape from you, and it shuts out other distractions.  It seems to just open up the air for conversation. 



One day I will learn how to pose correctly.  I always make myself look wider.  The denim shirt isn't helping either.


This isn't the best picture of me, but I wanted you to see the yellow pants.  I made them.  Well, dyed them.  In the washing machine.  It was so easy. 

No comments: