7.15.2012

The Wild Outdoors

The one weekend we decide to go camping is the weekend it rains.

Hard.

**when you're a kid, there's kind of an aura or a bubble around camping.  You go, have a great time, come home, shower, and sleep.  As a parent, you realize all the work that is involved in camping.  You must prepare for any contingency (and hopefully not forget jackets for yourself.  But its really hard to think you'll need jackets when its been over 115 at home), pack all your food, gear, clothes, toiletries, diapers, extra underwear...  And then coming home.  Oh the fun has just begun!  Especially when you're cleaning up after it rained.  Mud, mud, mud, and more mud. 

**I told Aaron I'm okay if the rest of the camping experiences our children have come from Scout Camp.  One's where I don't have to do anything.

Oh Jackson.  Its a good thing I love you.  Especially when you eat dirt.

Cade LOVED the fire.  (I totally claim the pyro side of his personality)  He was grabbing things out of the garbage to throw into the fire.


The way up the mountain, Cade would yell, "Ohhhhhh Die! Die! Die! Die!"  Then as we reached the top, he looks at me and yells, "Made it!"  Our next ascent began the same thing over again.  "Die!  Die! Die!" 

**My camera had been taking really fuzzy pictures lately, almost like a glowing sensation or halo effect.  I chalked it up to the fact that I was messing around with the buttons.  Yesterday, I asked Aaron to fix it.  He found a sticky fingerprint on the lens. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!! Camping is a pain when you're the parent doing all the work, but it sure makes for fun memories. It's worth the effort. (I can say that now that I'm a grandma!)