7.25.2012

Apparently I'm More Judgmental

With all 3 males in my family eating at least one thing of yogurt a day, we go through them pretty quickly.

Cade was so sad this morning when he opened up the fridge and there was no more yogurt.  He had to make do with peaches and granola.  Poor kid.  I did feel sorry for him until he stole all of my granola.  Then, we were at war.

A trip to the grocery store was in order. 

**we're also teaching Jack Jack how to feed himself.  Yogurt is the perfect vessel.  It sticks to the spoon so he learns how to guide the spoon to his mouth without having to worry yet about the food falling off.

A trip to the grocery store to just get yogurt shouldn't be painful.  But it was.

Cade threw the mother of all tantrums.  I think he won an Oscar for it.  It was that good.

**I don't even know what the tantrum was about.  Usually I have some clue.

Now, because this tantrum was so big, I was in sort of a conundrum.  I can't put him in the cart in the seat, because Jackson is there.  And I have no hope of having Jackson walk calmly and quietly by me.  I can't put him in the basket, because there's yogurt in there.

**I've cleaned yogurt off of floors enough times to know that when yogurt is thrown, it shatters.

My only option was to hold/drag Cade while pushing the cart. 

I'm thinking to myself, "People are probably wondering why I'm just letting this kid scream and I'm not trying to stop it.  They're thinking I'm the most uncaring mother ever.  How could I just let my child cry like that?  Shouldn't I know better to not take them out in public when they're like that.  Why hasn't she taught him not to scream?"

All three checkout aisles were commenting on Cade's screaming.  All the cashiers and all the customers.  And then, one of them said, "I'm amazed how well you're handling this.  I'm proud of you for just ignoring him."

Jaw drop.

And then, everyone else started telling me what a good job I was doing in ignoring him and not responding, telling me that this is the only way he has to express himself, but if he doesn't get what he wants...yada yada yada.

**this was just a different reaction than I had imagined.  I guess that's why I was so surprised.

I guess its true that most of the times, what you're imagining other people are thinking, is really not what they're thinking.

**except when you meet old men at Wal-Mart.  They tell you exactly what they're thinking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my bougie baby™ is a showroom featuring trendy, must-have fashion wears for young girls ages 4 – 14. wendy and her daughter, tiffani rae, have an eye for sourcing “the best of the best” each season and bring washington area girls a well-edited selection of the latest styles by sought after, emerging designers. my bougie baby™ strives to dress girls in age appropriate clothing while giving their wardrobe its own unique chicness and style. the collection is a mix of girly, funky and free-spirited looks size 4 through 14 and focuses on smart, comfortable and affordable clothing without sacrificing quality. although new, my bougie baby™ has already been well received and is resonating strongly with young fashionistas and mothers alike. Click here to visit our site.