7.01.2012

Americana Decor

I've come to a realization. 

I can leave anything U.S.A. related up from the middle of May until the middle of September. 

Then comes fall/Halloween.

Christmas.

Valentines.

Easter.

And then we're back to 4 months of red.white.and.blue.

But I have nothing red.white.and.blue.

To fix this little problem.  I started with this bad boy.


Free printable that I found on P-word

Then last night I made this: (only took about 3 hours.  With great conversation and laughs.  I admit, in large crowds I'm more of the listening type, but you need those too.  I'm an introvert, and do better in smaller groups or one-on-one scenarios).



Pardon the poor lighting.  When you get woken up at 5:30 in the morning, dawn light is the best you have.  

**I am aware that the drawer pull is missing.  I've been experimenting with different ones to see if I like them better or the original.

**if you zoom in, you'll see the sweet picture that Aaron drew for me.  It's Cade holding Jackson when Jackson was a newborn.  

**I don't like hanging my wreaths outside.  Then I never get to see them and take pride in what I made.

Tonight (man I'm on a roll)  I made this:


Right now, its sitting on my coffee table, because I need a centerpiece, but let's face it, its not going to stay there.  Cade thinks the coffee table is his.  Its a great road for trucks and a fabulous place to stand when catching or throwing a ball.  

**again, excuse the poor lighting.  When you live in a basement apartment, you suck it up and love the fluorescent lighting.  I can't wait til I live in a place with HUGE.GINORMOUS. windows and lots and lots of natural beautiful light (and lots and lots of money spent in a/c bills)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so crafty! Love the last craft especially