7.23.2012

Reminded

I was reminded yesterday that not everyone has the same blessings that I do.

And that I need to be more grateful for them.

And appreciate what I have.

Rather than wishing for what I don't.

Because, sometimes, someone else wants to be just like me. 

Have what I have.

And they can't imagine what I could have to complain about, because I have:

A family.

A husband.

Children.

**Cade told me today, "I love Mommy!"  Made my heart melt a little inside.  And then he said it again and again and again.  I appreciate moments like that.  They make me feel like I'm doing okay at this whole parenting thing.  

A place to live.

A job.

Food in the fridge.

A working A/C**

**we don't right now.  Waiting until tomorrow so it can get fixed.  At least its only 90 out.

Faith.

Love.

So tonight, I am grateful.  Rather than wishing to be someone/something else.  Tonight I am happy that I am me.  That I am where I am.  That I am what I am, working on trying to be better, but still happy with who I am and what I'm becoming.

**sometimes, in an effort to share more feelings and thoughts, I tend to get a little negative.  But if my blog does get read by my children, I want them to also know how much I enjoyed and loved them as well. 

Aaron, Jackson, and I at Morgan's wedding, August 2011, Jackson still has all those delicious arm-rolls.


No comments: