4.22.2010

Cade

Warning: This post will contain more pictures than the entire blog

I started having contractions on Friday--taking a final while you're having contractions is always fun, and around 2:30 in the morning on Saturday decided that I was pretty sure they were real.

Labor really wasn't that bad, once you got the epidural. In my opinion, the worst parts of labor is afterwards, like when they're ripping all the tape off your skin that's holding all the various tubes and IV's and then stitching you up. The actual labor is great.

Cade was born on April 17, 2010 at 3:36 pm. He weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. He had some problems breathing, so I got to hold him for about 30 seconds before they wheeled him off to the NICU for some breathing treatments. Thankfully he only had to be there for about an hour and a half and Aaron was able to go and stay with him the entire time.

I felt really good, and my mom was planning on coming up on Sunday to spend some time with us and help out with the baby, so I asked them if I could be discharged on Sunday rather than having to wait until Monday. They let me leave the hospital at 9:00 pm on Sunday--weird time, but oh well, I was ready to sleep in my own bed without nurses coming in every three hours to ask me how often he was peeing/pooping/eating etc.

We love our little boy. He's a really good baby, and I love that he's helped me lose 20 lbs since he was born :D









8 comments:

Lauren said...

What a cutie!! Congrats! Gotta love the epidural. :)

Doug & Jessica Hansen said...

Wow Chelle! Congratulations! He is so so beautiful as I said before : ). I can see that he has your cute nose but besides that he is a pretty good mix. I'm sure he'll continue to change who he looks like as he gets older but anywho...I'm glad you are home and things are good! Keep posting pictures!

Laura said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So cute!

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

Congrats you guys! He's adorable!

Ashley said...

so cute!!! congrats:) :)

Sara said...

20lbs?????
I love all his hair. He is so cute. I can not wait to see him!!
Love you!! Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see him.

Desi said...

ahhhhh how exciting