3.10.2009

Pressure



Is it just me, or does anyone else feel pressure to make sure their blog is good enough that people will read and leave comments? There's so much pressure to be funny, cute, or have a good story, and with no kids, that's kind of hard. No way can Aaron and I compete with forearm rolls and cute phrases.



(Behold the competition)

Unless...I totally embarrass the heck out of myself

I'm seriously debating doing it. Aaron would die if he knew that I was thinking of telling you this, because I've sworn him to secrecy, and he's going to be sad that he's not going to get to tell you, but there is some safety in telling it on the internet, because I'll either rarely see you, or (for those of you who I will see) it will be WAY too awkward to bring up in normal conversation (I hope.)

I think I've rambled enough...

So, I'm a morning person and Aaron is a night person. I'm tired at like 10:30 and he's still going strong, so I sleep on the couch while he does his homework because I hate going to bed by myself, it's dark and cold. But first, we need some background to the story...

When we were engaged, I was staying at Aaron's house right before Christmas. Aaron had to finish up working at UPS (he finished December 22nd) and our apartment contracts expired on December 20th, so I stayed with him until he finished and then we drove down to Overton on the 23rd (I promise this does have a point) While we were getting ready for bed, Aaron decided to tell me about when he went to Moab with a bunch of his friends last May. He mentioned that all the married guys started talking about when they first farted in front of their wives (lucky us). Aaron then proceeds to fart and then tries to fart on me. Yes, it's true. BEFORE we were married. Then he starts complaining that he's never heard any girl fart. I found that kind of hard to believe.

"Not even your sisters?"

"NO! I've never heard them (WAY TO GO Lizz & Ashley!)."

Talk about pressure. As much as I would like him to think I never do, I do.

Back to the couch. I was sleeping and Aaron woke me up and asked me if I was ready to go to bed. He then got this little smile on his face and told me thanks for helping him stay awake while he was doing homework. At first I thought he was being sarcastic and then he started laughing. And then the embarrassment came. Apparently, when you're asleep, you lose control over your butt muscles, and gas just comes. And he heard it all. And laughed. And laughed. And laughed.

That's it. That's my story. I fart in my sleep.

I can't believe I just told you.

6 comments:

Allyson said...

That is funny. I dunno if I ever heard Zach before we were married, but I swear the day you get married they just let it all go. You don't have to be embarassed since well we all do it. You definitely are brave to write it on your blog though. I like reading your blog and even if you don't have kids to tell about. I still enjoy reading it.

Lizz said...

That definitely deserves a comment! Don't feel bad, I fart in front of Nick all the time. When you get pregnant, you won't be able to help it, so at least you've broken the barrier now!

Michaela said...

Hahaha. Really funny :) At least you avoided the emarassment somewhat. I mean, at least you were asleep. I like reading your blog even though you don't have kids, so no worries there.

Lindsi Morrison said...

oh my gosh Rachelle... this EXACT thing happened to us! haha! Exactly! Robbie even said what Aaron said about never hearing a girl.. and then one night while i was sleeping.. ya you get my point! Oh how funny! Im glad im not the only one!

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

I guess I woke Chris out of a dead sleep the other night. You are not alone my friend...lol

Scarlet said...

Rachelle!! I think this is the best story I have ever heard. It probably happens to most of us. Thanks for sharing that. I too have a problem writing interesting things on our blog because like you we don't have kids.haha. This made my day. :>