1.31.2013

Uncomfortable Situations

I've being trying to stretch myself. 

**for instance, I organized a volleyball team for the Parks & Rec competitive league that starts in February.  Normally, I'm a wait and hope to get asked kind of gal.  This time, I put my destiny in my own hands.

 I finally conceded that Aaron had a point with making all of our purchases with cash so that we could cut out unnecessary spending and save even more for a house. 

**except I totally forgot the cash at home when I went grocery shopping today.  Oops.  
 
Lots of ideas have been filling my mind lately.  I finished a little dress for a friend's baby shower that's coming up and thought, "I'm getting pretty good at this." 

So I was brave, and asked a friend who has a successful Etsy business if she would sponsor some of the dresses that I made. 

And guess what?

She wasn't scary or mean or anything. 

**I had to take several breaths before I could read the message.  This is one of my foolish tendencies.  I'll send an email, or a text to someone asking them something and then I'm scared to read it to find out the answer.  It sits there for several days, until I convince Aaron to read it for me and tell me what it says.

So I've got my dress patterns and I'm ready to go. 

**except, I've been looking at fabric, and yikes!  It's expensive.  If your dress only uses 1 yard of fabric, then the cute $10.00 a yard fabric is fine, but when you get into 5 yards +, along with time/labor and supplies, no wonder all the cute dresses on Etsy are $90.00. 

So we'll see how that goes. 

No comments: