1.06.2013

Why?

In Relief Society today we talked about talents.

I love to sing.  Love it.  And in a choir, no big deal at all.  I can sing my little heart out.

By myself.  Not so much.  My voice always gets shaky and nervous.

I over think it.  Worry that people listening have this idea that I'm going to be amazing and then I'll disappoint them. 

I didn't use to be that way.  Singing in public was no big deal.  I knew I was good.  And I sang like I was.

I wish I could get that confidence back. 

**aren't you supposed to get more confident the older you get?  Hasn't happened for me yet, but then, neither has curing the acne problem.  The lies we are told. 

I'm singing in church in January.  My goal is not to worry about what people will think.  My goal is to bring the Spirit.  That is all. 

**at least, I'm trying to have that be all.  It's like when you bring a meal over for someone and you have to taste it first to make sure that they know you are a good cook, and then you spend WAY more time preparing their meal than you do for your family because again, one must impress. 

**Aunt Stephanie went back to BYU today.  When we pulled up to Grandma & Grandpa house, Cade said, "Oh, where'd a go Aunt Stephanie?"  We told him she went back to Utah.  He sighed, then said, "Aunt Stephanie go back Ukah.  My feel sad."


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Um, your voice is ah-mazing. And I miss singing next to you in church and taking turns singing the different parts ;-) I get the same way, and I always just pray that I can be calm and invite the Spirit. And besides that, you won't disappoint anyway!