4.03.2012

What Did You Say Again?

I got a call yesterday from the ward mission leader.  He asked if he was talking to Rachel (I know, I know, how can I politely tell someone that they called me the wrong name?  I don't know, so I don't).

Then he said something else....that I didn't catch.

And I heard Tuesdays anytime from 4:00 to 7:00.

I just blurted out 5:00.

Hopefully you all have been in this situation.  The one where you didn't really understand what someone said, so you just say something and hope that it's the right answer?

I hung up the phone and thought, "What did I volunteer us for?"

Now comes the worst part, I had to call him back.  How do I let someone know that I didn't understand what they said? 

Then, GENIUS moment.  I'll just ask him where we're meeting.  Perfect.

Except it wasn't. 

It turned out he was asking me to feed the missionaries. 

2 comments:

- Kevin and Hillary - said...

I feel like I do this everyday. Seriously. I wonder if it's a disease?

Annie Leavitt said...

oh honey, trust me. it's not you. and next time they ask, say yes! and then tell me the time and we'll do it here and have a grand party : )