4.29.2012

Tooth Fairy

Jackson lost a tooth today.

Yes, I realize this post is about 5 years too early. 

He apparently did not.

He was trying to stand up this morning on his little dinosaur walker while Aaron went to go and make him a bottle.  Next thing we both know, Jackson is lying on the ground SCREAMING and blood is everywhere. 

We didn't even know what had happened until Aaron found his tooth on the ground.  All Jackson wanted to do was be held. 

Here's the terrible part.  We just threw the tooth away.

I find out later that if you get to a dentist within the first two hours, they can usually "save" the tooth and reinsert it.  Now, I'm dealing with horrible guilt.  It's my fault that my baby is not going to have a tooth for 5/6 years.  I've shed many tears.  I know, it's stupid, and it's just a tooth.  But the girl in me can't help how I feel.

I think the only thing that bothers Jackson is he's now reduced to sucking on pretzels instead of biting them. 


3 comments:

Desi said...

:( I'm sorry

Allyson said...

Poor guy! I hate when things like that happen.

Chanell said...

He'll be ok I promise... I knocked mine out when I was 9 months old and my parents put it in milk and took me to the Dr.. but there's was no luck... I was a toothless (well just 1 front-tooth-less) girl till 1st grade