4.13.2012

Easter & Fair

We do Easter egg-hunting on Saturday.  Every Easter "eve" my family wakes up bright and early so that we can get to the Valley of Fire by 7:00 in the am. 

The whole way to the park, Cade kept asking for "anny!" (candy).  I would tell him that we had to go to the Valley of Fire to get eggs and he would look at me and say, "Hot!" (Fire=hot).

That kid made out like a bandit.  Most of the rest of the kids in my family are getting too old for Easter eggs, and they had more fun helping Cade find eggs and put them in his basket.  Every egg Cade picked up he shook to make sure there was candy in it (this paranoia comes from going to the Parks & Rec egg hunt and only finding one egg with candy in it.  The rest all had erasers, rings, and fake money).

Jackson loved hunting for small pebbles.  He found many.  Ate many.  Banged eggs together, and overall had a fabulous time (I'm a sugar nazi and don't let my kids have any sugar until their first birthday.  Next year kid).

This is the face Cade makes every time I ask him to smile


Jackson's "go-to" face.  Oh and this shirt he's wearing, it's a 2T.  


I agonized over whether or not to buy Cade an all-day carnival pass.  I would hate to buy one and have him hate all the rides, but then I would hate to buy just a few tickets and have him love the rides but not be able to go on them. 

I bought the all-day pass.

I'm so glad I did.

He spent 5 hours on the merry-go-round and the train.  This morning when he woke up he said, "Doo-Doo!"  and then "Neigh!"

I consider that $14 well spent.

Notice, we again see Jackson's "go-to" face

Cade on the train with Aunt Emilie

The face he had for most of the time.  Hard to believe he loved it

1 comment:

Kendra and Karl said...

I love that last picture. Your kids are so stinkin cute!