3.30.2012

It's Finished!

Jackson with pink-eye.  Poor baby
Two weeks ago I went to a couple of yard sales with my grandma and aunt.

Remember my dresser that I mentioned here?   Well, I found something so much better.

This guy was selling this little beauty along with the hutch.  The hutch was missing all the shelves and I really didn't want it.  He wanted $20 for both pieces.  I asked him if I could just take the bottom half and he told me I could have just the bottom half for $20 (what a guy).

I got him to give both pieces to me for $15 and then asked him to just take my newly bought hutch out to the dumpster, since I didn't want it.  He said he would (but I'm pretty sure I saw him sell it to someone else).


Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I lose sleep thinking about what color I should paint furniture.  It seems so permanent (even though I know it's not).  I finally decided on an off-white, creamish color to match some chairs that I reupholstered from DI. 

I'm slightly proud.

The lamp is another yard sale find.  I repainted it and covered the lamp shade with fabric.  I found the mason jar at another yard sale, and the cake plate is from a thrift shop (yes, it is milk glass)
Mommy's "helper"

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Looks so good!

Kendra and Karl said...

Cute!! I love it. I need you to teach me how to do the things you do. I have absolutely no creative vision so if something doesn't look the way I like then it is a no. There is no seeing possibilities. I am glad to see that we do not share the same handicap.