4.25.2012

Disneyland

Aaron and I got to go to Disneyland and the beach last weekend. 

All by ourselves.

In the planning stages, this sounded like a fabulous idea.  No kids.  Sleeping in.  No responsibilities.

I guess I never realized how hard it is to actually leave them.  And to talk to them on the phone and hear how excited they are and to hear them saying, "Mommy Mommy Mommy" and then to hear my mom tell me that Cade kept walking around calling for me.  It was tough.

But then Monday morning when Cade came up to me with poop on his hand saying, "Poo poo.  Dirty." and I found it smeared all over the floor and all over the burp cloth (he'd tried to clean it up, bless him), I wanted to go back to Mickey and sand real fast. 

I almost ended up not being able to go.  I play volleyball every Tuesday and Friday.  Tuesday we were two minutes into our first game, I went up to block, and the girl who was hitting stepped over the line and landed on my right ankle.  I went down and twisted it. 

Having experienced natural childbirth, spraining an ankle is way worse.  The pain is just constant for the first ten minutes.  I almost felt like I couldn't breathe and no position relieved the pain at all. 

Heavenly Father heard my prayers though and gave me a miracle.  I was able to go to St. George the next day for the kids' doctor appointments and run all the errands we needed to there, and off to Disneyland I went on Thursday.  My brother-in-law did point out so nicely that my foot was turning green and asked me if I was becoming a zombie.  I got a wheelchair the first day and so for $12 I was taken to the front of the line on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours...basically all the major rides at Disneyland.  If the seat hadn't been so uncomfortable (basically just some mesh fabric), I would have done the wheelchair again on Friday.

I could not get him to smile normal that day for anything.  This is his punishment.  Public humiliation
I was wearing a jacket.  Corinne told me to take it off so we could look more "beachy"  It was freezing


1 comment:

Ces and Camille said...

So funny how things change when you're a mom! Sometimes I miss Liam even when it's only been a few hours during a nap or something. And I love your "beachy" picture! :)