2.17.2013

Series

Growing up, I was a big Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites fan.

Devoured them.

I started reading them again. 

And my reading tastes have changed.

I've noticed as I start reading books by the same author, I tend to get tired of them.  Their writing style is the same.  It's predictable.  Just different places and characters.

Anita Stansfield is another example.  Two beautiful attractive people fall in love, go through everything that life can possibly throw at them, and still end up madly in love, with kisses and touches that are electric.

Anyone had a series that they haven't gotten tired of, or noticed that the author writes the same? 

**I realize I may infuriate some people, but I think Harry Potter gets a little monotonous, especially the 5th book.  Harry is always right.  No one ever believes him.  It's Harry vs every one else, and Harry wins.  The end.




2 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

all series do that to me too.

i really enjoyed reading Anne of Green Gables again after becoming a mother (all 8 of them) and the Sherlock Holmes and Agathie Christie series' again. Fun reads.

Delcie said...

I have a few books that I could read over and over again, but mostly I just move on when I'm done with a series. I will have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of Harry Potter. That one will always be on my 'will read' list. I agree completely about Anita Stansfield books, though.