10.18.2012

He works hard too

I get stuck in this mentality of thinking:

"I have the worst job in the world.  I wish I got to leave and go to work and then come home and only have the kids for a couple of hours with a helper around before they went to bed."

Aaron went on a trip to Washington state last week.  He was gone Sunday through Thursday.  I spent the whole time thinking, "He owes me big."

We got into a fight on Saturday.  It was a "I do more than you, therefore I deserve to be treated better.  You have no idea what I go through."

You know those types of fights.  The selfish ones.  Where no one wins.

This week I'm trying harder to understand that Aaron's job is hard too.  That I get a two hour break in my day when the kids take a nap.  That I don't have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to drive to Vegas for some accounting classes and not get home til 6:00.  That I can work out whenever I want because I don't have any place to be, rather than giving up my "me time" in the evening to do it. 

I get to sit outside in lovely 80 degree weather (can I just say that we can finally sleep with the windows open because it gets down to 50?) and read a book on my kindle while my kids throw pomegranates in the air or push each other in the stroller.  He's sitting on his bum all day, staring at a computer screen.  I'm playing volleyball or coaching soccer.

Hopefully I remember that the next time I'm thinking that he needs to do more.  Because its probably more likely that I need to do more and be less selfish.



No comments: