8.10.2010

It Really Is the Simple Things

Cade and I went outside today to enjoy Mother Nature.  He likes to look up at the grass and I'm trying to not be so pasty white the next time I see my lifeguard sisters. 

He was laying on the grass, trying unsuccessfully to convince his ball to shrink to a size small enough to fit into his mouth, and I was reading Charlotte's Web out loud to him.  As lame as that sounds, it was really fun.

Life really is about all the little things--like the fact that every time I give Cade a bath he pees in the water, not once, but twice, or listening to Aaron tell me about his day at work, or trying a new recipe and having it actually work out.  I don't care so much about big and glamorous things, in fact, for our dates, Aaron and I almost always do dinner & a movie or game at home. 

I've been trying to have Cade work on rolling over (esp after hearing about other babies successes), but he has learned that all he has to do is grab the blanket that he's laying on and the toy magically moves closer.  No effort or moving required.


Love it.

4 comments:

Megan said...

he is so cute!! i should take Elijah out more... but i am always afraid i would scare nature away since i hardly ever get ready and if i do shower i just go back into pajamas. you are good mom! we should have a play date.

Anna said...

I'm trying so hard to learn this in my life right now. Sometimes it's so easy to get wrapped up in, well, everything else.

Sara said...

He is soo cute. You can come over and read Charlottes Web to me anytime.... Love you.

Delcie said...

It sounds like a perfect afternoon with your little cutie! It definitely is the little things and the time spent together that will be fondly remembered. Enjoy your days!