2.16.2009

Feminine and Gay

I guess it's time for some updates. I'm really bad at blogging. I'm glad other people aren't though because it's interesting to read about their lives. Every conference when they talk about journal writing I feel really guilty because I know I should be doing it...but I don't.

Yesterday was so nice. Aaron and I went to church and then decided that all we ever do anymore is homework and work. So, we vegged. He worked on his car model (a Nissan Skyline) and I cross stitched. I'm excited to have it done so I can frame it and then start working on another. Aaron's also into flatland biking. His last bike was stolen last semester so we just got a new one. He broke it in yesterday. We drove down to a big parking lot and he practiced his tricks while I sat in the car and stayed warm and watched. I wish I wasn't such a big chicken. I'm too scared to get hurt to try stuff like that. But after I get hurt, I realize that it wasn't that bad. That's probably why I suck at ice skating. I'm too afraid of falling on my butt. So I instead cling to the wall and look like an idiot that way.

My anthropology professor has the coolest accent. I can't place it, but he sounds just like a professor and he wears argyle sweaters. One day we were talking about how different cultures interpret different things. Our professor scanned the audience and asked one of the boys to come up and sit on the piano in front of the class (a class of about 300) the way he was sitting in his seat. This guy got up and sat on the piano and then crossed his legs-the way a girl would. Aaron looked at me and pulled a face. I thought, "Wouldn't that be uncomfortable?" Then the professor, in his accent (which Aaron imitates very well, if you ever see him, ask him to do it for you) said

"You fellows, what would you think if you were a seventh grade lad and you saw one of your classmates sit like that?"

A long pause

"Exactly...feminine and gay."

It was so funny. Poor guy though, in front of everyone. Well, I guess he learned his lesson.


The cross stitch I'm working on. I'm way excited to finish it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Maybe its anthropology professors... Mine at UNR had a lisp and always said funny thing!

Your little sister Emily is in my stepson's kindergarten class. She's always talking to be about you!! See ya on the blog! :)

PS- Love the cross stitch!

Unknown said...

Hi Rachelle-thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I can't wait to meet you and to see you and Aaron together. I've heard the best things about you and I'm so happy that Aaron found you!

Hope to meet up with you soon!