8.19.2012

Witch-i-Witch-i-pah

I am finally home.  Just in time to head right back up to the Salt Lake area for another family get-together.

August has been nuts.

We've had the Olympics, then Reno (Hot August nights included), and a family reunion in Greer, Arizona.

Oh, and a visit to Tonopah.  Cade's favorite place.

**let me tell you something about Tonopah.  It has a place called the Crazy Clown motel.  With a clown out front. 

No joke.  He asks to go to Tonopah every day.  When we tell him not today, he says, "Tonopah!  Tomorrow!"

Except, he says it like this, "Witch-i-witch-i-pah.  Mahrrow!"

I die.

And when he says gummy bears, which is "Gully beer"

The best picture I have ever taken in my life. 
Tahoe is beautiful.  That is all.
Oh Jack Jack.  You had sand in places I didn't even know you had

 Thanks to Uncle Dale and Aunt Liane, nearly the whole McCombs family was able to get together at their pool.  We BBQed, swam, and had relay races.  I think the Olympics inspired all of us.  The only people we were missing were Jen & Cody and their baby girl Amelia (and we ran into them at a gas station in Tonopah), Lizz & Nick, and Tyler. 
Cade jumped off that diving board 100 times at least.  He LOVED it.

We love our Puddle Jumpers!
 Aaron's favorite part of Hot August nights was racing the Corvette.  Chevy & Ford brought down some Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, and Ford's new Focus.

**which was pretty impressive for a Focus.  Aaron's car that we just sold was a focus, and we didn't name it Patsy for nothing.

If you wanted, you could drive the Corvette or Camaro down the track and then ride with a professional driver.  I didn't feel very confident that I wouldn't wreck the $100,000 car, so I just opted to let someone else drive me instead.  And I got a free shirt. 

We saw some drag racing and watched other cars parade around.  I took pictures of the paint jobs that I thought were the coolest.  I did get yelled at by an old man for touching the paint job on his car.  I couldn't help it.  It looked so silky. 













No comments: