3.18.2011

Apartment Hunting

Our time in Wymount is coming to an end.  Honestly, I have mixed feelings.  Mainly because finding a new place to live is such a pain.  I don't want to move pack, deal with weird neighbors, and other people's nastiness that they've left behind. 

I told Aaron I wish he was home more so that he could help look.  He told me:

"If I looked, we'd be in the cheapest apartment."

Point made. 

I'm picky.  I want a washer/dryer (at least the hookups), I don't want to be living with a bunch of college kids (because we won't be anymore), I don't want to live in the ghetto (ahem, south of campus), I want a yard, or at least a small patch of grass nearby, I want shelves that fit nicely into their compartments, I want a kitchen with counter space, a bathroom that I don't feel like I need to spray Lysol in every time, and I want to be able to walk around barefoot without feeling disgusted, all for around $650. 

Unfortunately, that's been hard to find. 

But, never fear, with craigslist, and ksl I will find a place.  Maybe even a place where I can paint the walls...

3 comments:

Anna said...

What area are you guys looking for? Trying to stay in Provo, or branching out a bit? I'll keep an eye out for you! ...Maybe I can get you to come to Lehi with me so I'll at least know one person. :)

Allyson said...

I always hated looking around for a place to live! I always wanted to know how the ward was and how my neighbors would be before I moved in.
Too bad your aren't moving down to St George(or really Ivins). There are a few duplexes a cross the street from where we live(we used to live in them). They are $650 and have a yard and washer and dryer hook ups.

Whitney said...

I feel ya on the apartment hunting. We're trying to find something in Dallas based on the opinions of acquaintances and apartmentratings.com. Sooooo not fun. And I refuse to move anywhere that does not have a dishwasher and I'm pretty set on washer/dryer hookups too. Unfortunately, I've never even been to Dallas, so I have no clue where or what to look for!