7.13.2009

Playing Primary and Pillow Talk

I've been the Primary pianist since January and I've LOVED it. It's so nice to get to play the piano (and miss Sunday School, and half of Relief Society) and then hear all these cute sayings by the little kids.

Our Primary consists of two little girls who are from Brazil, but speak perfect English. Sofia is 5 and Nicole is 3. Because they recently moved into the ward, Aaron (who is the Elder's Quorum secretary) and the Elder's Quorum president went over to their house to visit the family.

Tiago (who is Sofia and Nicole's dad) started talking about how much his daughters love Primary. And then he mentioned that they just love Sister McCombs and that when they play Primary, one of them is Sister McCombs and the other is Sister Bird (the old 2nd Counselor). Their little sister, Clara gets to be Sister Robertson (our Primary President). That just made me smile.

Then Aaron told me another story...this one, not so good.

Aaron's old zone leader from his mission in Japan lives in the apartment right below us. And Ben just couldn't resist telling Aaron that when he and his wife were outside they could hear and Aaron and I talking in our apartment. He yelled something in Japanese but apparently we didn't hear him.

Later that night, Aaron and I were in our room, just chattin and then I noticed the window was open. You know that panicky feeling when you realize that your conversation was probably overheard and you're trying to remember everything you said and see if it was embarrassing our not? Yeah, I felt that.

We've decided to whisper from now on.

3 comments:

Casey said...

um, very excited to read your blogs from now on! You are a good writer!!! We'll truly miss you in primary :( But we should be friends- Let's do something!

Laura said...

That is HILARIOUS! And yes, that story definitely made my day. Thanks for blog stalking...I will now stalk you:)

Lauren said...

He he. I love your posts. You are too funny!