5.15.2009

Indoor camping under a concrete sky

Yesterday was a special day for us...a day with no homework. None at all.

This called for something special. Aaron has been begging and begging for a chance to build a fort. He told me all about the time he and Tyler (his younger brother) built a fort and played Halo all night. (Note: This was last year)

I made the s'mores, in the microwave, and Aaron built the fort. We used our printer, camp chairs, paper clips, and anything else we could find to make our fort taller. I was scared to go inside. I'm always afraid I'm going to pull on the blanket and all those huge books are going to come crashing down on top of me. But I survived and got yummy chocolate marshmallow all over my face: the joys of eating a s'more.

3 comments:

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

awww that sounds like fun. Chris and I are watching my sisters kids (all 5!) while she has #6 and we made a fort last night, ate popcorn and watched Bolt.

Lauren said...

Oh.. you are too funny! I love the post title :)

Delcie said...

Here's proof...Boys never outgrow building forts!