1.21.2009

Rants, Raves, and Rings

So, a long time ago in December, December 6th to be exact, Aaron and I went to the mall to get his wedding band. While we were looking, Aaron pointed at one of the rings and told me that it was made of carbon fiber. All I could think of was

Me: "Wow, he knows a lot about rings."

Obviously Aaron had some explaining to do. His response was obviously masculine, so worries were quickly quenched.

Aaron: "They use carbon fiber in cars, and engines."

Me: "Oh..."

Anyways, the ring was perfect. It was tungsten and carbon fiber and he'd really wanted a tungsten ring. We picked it out, paid for it, and was told that we would get the ring in about a week and they would call us when it came in. Since we were getting married December 30, there was plenty of time and we weren't worried.

FAST FORWARD 10 DAYS

Aaron kept asking if they'd called about my ring yet. I finally called Samuels Jewelers and asked about the ring. The girl told me that those type of rings usually don't come in for 3 to 4 weeks. I did some quick mental math and figured out that 3 weeks would put us at December 27th. I was slightly annoyed but figured that some prayer could help us get the ring in time for the wedding.

FLASH-FORWARD TO DECEMBER 30TH

We're sitting in the temple and Aaron is still ringless. I felt so bad when the sealer asked if we were going to exchange rings and I had to say no, because Aaron didn't have his ring yet. He'd been wearing his CTR ring but it's too big and he's always having it fall off his finger.

JANUARY 6TH

Driving home from Las Vegas, I checked my phone to see if Samuels had called. They hadn't so Aaron called (since I had no voice).

Aaron: Hi, I'm calling regarding an order for Rachelle Lyon about a men's wedding band that was placed December 6

Samuels: What order?

My mouth almost dropped. I had the receipt and everything!

Samuels: We'll work on locating the order and then call you back

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER

Me: I don't think they're calling back

Aaron: I'll call them back.

Aaron: Hi, I'm calling about Rachelle Lyon's order

Samuels: Um, we're not quite sure what's going on with the order. We sent a fax to our company and it didn't go through. We'll send it again and call you back about what's going on

JANUARY 10th

I had gotten my voice back somewhat and figured that waiting 4 days for them to call us back was slightly ridiculous.

Samuels: Hi, this is Micah, what can I do for you?

Me: Hi, I'm calling about an order I made on December 6th for a men's wedding band. I was just wondering what's going on

Samuels: Well it looks like your order was placed January 7th, which doesn't make any sense because I have your receipt and it looks like you paid for it on December 6th. Tell you what, I'm going to call our distribution center and find out what's going on and I'll call you back

Me (in my head): Yeah right

I was getting ready for our open house while I was waiting for them to call back and told my mother-in-law Corinne that if Samuels hadn't called back by 5:00pm (which would have given them an hour and a half) I was going to call and ask for their manager to complain.

5:00PM

Me: Can I speak with your manager please. It's regarding an order

Manager: Hi this is Micah (yes the very same guy I'd talked to before!)

I basically told this guy that we had been told so many different things and I didn't even know if my ring was ordered and every time I had called I was told that I would be called back and I never was. He then offers this lame excuse that they got really busy and so he wasn't able to call me back. I'm thinking, a hour and a half and you can't find it in you to make a 5 minute phone call that you promised to make?

He then went on to say that he had no idea what was up with the ring but that if I gave him until 11:30am Monday morning he would call me and tell me what was happening. And if he didn't call me by 11:30am Monday morning, he gave me permission to call him...

12:00pm Monday, JANUARY 12th

I'm looking at my phone and notice that Samuels Jewelers is calling. I can't answer because I'm in class but am so happy that they're finally calling me back once, even if it is later than they said they would. I listen to the message after class and it's Micah, telling me that the ring will be in on Friday

SATURDAY, JANUARY 17th

Aaron and I are at Maceys buying stuff for a salad that we were taking to a family dinner and I call Samuels again because guess what...I haven't been called telling me that the ring is in

Me: I'm calling about the status of my ring

Samuels: It's scheduled to come in on January 30th. We've been having problems with our tungsten rings

Me: What? Why did the manager tell me that it would be in on Friday? I don't really care if it's coming in late because of problems with your orders, what bothers me is that your manager lied straight to my face when obviously you knew that it was supposed to come in on the 30th

Samuels: I don't know why he'd do that. If your husband wants a titanium ring, we can have that in a week or so

I'm thinking, I don't want a titanium ring, I want the ring that Aaron picked out and has been so excited to get and I'm so sad for him that we've been married for 3 weeks and he still doesn't have a ring and we've been lied to everytime we talk to this stupid company. I am NEVER going to Samuels again. So now we're waiting until January 30th...If another blog post appears on January 31st with an angry title, you'll know why :)

6 comments:

Allyson said...

That is so ridiculous! They better give you a huge discount or give you the ring for free since you have been waiting for over a month. I would be angry too.

Lindsi Morrison said...

I agree with Allyson!! And I understand the frustration! I had to send my hubbys ring back THREE times!!! We ended up getting it the night before.. So Im so so sorry you had to go through this mess!!!

Kylie C. said...

You should tell them you don't want their business and demand a full refund and get a ring at a place that might have a more upstanding name. I'm so sorry!!!!

Adriane said...

Wow! That is crazy. You have every right to demand a discount since by the 31st it will have been almost two months since you placed and paid for the order. Good luck, I hope that it actually comes in by next weekend!

Lyndi said...

Holy smokes. I'd be ranting and raving too and I'm not even close to buying rings! I'm sorry things are starting off frustrating and sad. That is honestly heartbreaking! Good luck with the doofus faces at Samuels and I'll remember to steer clear of them in the future.

Trent & Tara said...

WHO IN THE WORLD DO THEY THINK THEY ARE??? THAT IS SO UNPROFFESIONAL. If I were you I would march right in there and not leave until you had your money in your hand. That is so rediculous. Ah...I am mad for you. So, I have to ask who you ended up choosing to be your photographer?? Do I know them?