1.31.2009

I could cry

Yesterday was the 30th, which meant it was time for Aaron's ring to come in. I called Samuels (they didn't call me :D) and they told me that the ring was in. After Aaron got off of work we hurried over to go and get his ring. He was so excited.

We got to the mall and walked straight to Samuels. Since it was closing, they only had two salesmen and we had to wait for a little while until they could help us. While we were waiting we were messing around and trying on the ring sizing rings that they have. Aaron was trying on the 7 1/2 and it was falling off his finger. I started to get kind of worried because I remembered that being the size that the girl told Aaron he needed.

When the salesman was finally able to help us he went and pulled out the ring that we've been waiting 2 months for and Aaron tried it on. It fell off his finger. I wanted to cry, I was so sick to my stomach. We'd waited 2 months and it was too big.

The salesman told us it would be another month before a new size could come in. Aaron was a little frustrated and I just wanted to cry. I wandered around the store looking at the rings while he talked to the guy because I knew if I was up there I would have burst into tears and I didn't want that.

After we left the mall, I was so frustrated and upset. It was just so sad to have him get his ring and then have it be too big and now we had to wait another month. That would mean we would have been married for two months before he got his ring. And the guy didn't even say sorry. I think that's what's bothered me the most about this whole ordeal. I have never been apologized to. They just pass the blame off on someone else. I really don't care who's fault it is. I just want someone to try to make it better, to go out of their way to try to make me happy, or grovel...something. Their indifference KILLS me.

This morning Aaron and I decided to look on the internet for a ring like his best friend Spencer told him to do. Well guess what. We found the exact same ring, for 160 dollars cheaper, and with a lifetime warranty, and lifetime resizing. I guess tungsten rings can't be resized so if you shrink or expand you have to get a new one. So we ordered it and it should be coming in a week. It was really nice calling Samuels and telling them we wanted to cancel our order. It made me feel better anyway, and we got a much better deal than we had with them.

I feel better

4 comments:

Lyndi said...

I could cry with you. I'm so sorry Rachelle. I had been waiting for the 31st to come just to hear what happened. Samuels are dufus faces. All of them. I hope you feel better, and I hope Aaron's new ring comes quickly. I love you guys! :)

Allyson said...

I totally agree with what Lyndi said. I am sorry it has been such a pain to get his ring. I hope everything gets better. At least you know that ring or no ring he still loves you.

Michaela said...

Thank goodness you finally dumped Samuels. That place sounds pretty lame. I'll be sure never to go there :) At least you guys are married! (with or without rings :)

Adriane said...

I hope that you are getting a full refund from Samuels. Glad it's working out better now!