11.11.2012

The Future is Bright

Are these perilous times?
They are.
But there is no need to fear.
We can have peace in our
hearts and peace in our
homes.
We can be an influence
for good in this world.
Every one of us.

~Gordon B. Hinckley

I remind myself of this every day.   

We were driving home from Vegas today, and I saw a billboard.  It was advertising a strip club.  Totally nude.  What was sad, was that the woman's face was not even on the billboard.  It was just her body.

Because apparently that's all that's important.

I thought about my sons.  How I hope that they value a woman not for her body or her looks (although, I will admit, there is a place for that), but for her mind and her company.  For the pleasure of simply being around her.  Taking care of her.  Respecting her.

I hope I can teach it.  

It seems like everything is just spiraling downward.  But I can have peace and safety in my home, if I'll let it be there, and do what I have to, to keep it there.

"The future is as bright as your faith."

And the oldie but goody,

"God is in his heaven.  All is right in the world."

No comments: